The RM3 Series meters are portable, direct-display instruments for the convenient measurement of backreflection, insertion loss, and power of connectors, components and systems. with a single output port, the meters are ideal for jumper manufacturers. |
The RM3 meters can be equiped with one or two built-in laser source. Sources available are: 850, 1310, 1480, 1550, 1625 and 1650 nm.
The use of an FC/APC ultra-low backreflection connector on the output port enable the use of hybrid jumpers to accommodate measurements with various connector types without compromisng the backreflection measurement range. When a device under test (DUT) is connected to the jumper and the DUT output is terminated, the backreflection of the DUT is displayed. The RM3 meter's superior optics are very stable at low backrefletion levers. Insertion loss and power can be measureed to -80 dBm.
Other features include compensation for extraneous backreflection, user-adjustable calibration, an internal rechargeable battery for field portability, a transit carrying case, and a convenient foot pedal for data logging via the instrument's serial port to a computer or serial printer.
- Wide wavelength range
- Insertion loss and backreflection capability
- Minimum backreflection power sensitivity of -75 dB
- Insertion loss and power measurement to -80dBm
- convenient foot pedal for data logging
- Multiple Connector Test System (MCTS)application software
- Direct display of measureed backreflection, power or insertion loss.
- Compensation for extraneous backrefletion for accurate backreflection measurements
- Calibration can be verified using calibrated reference jumper
- Connector backreflection/loss testing
- Component testing
- Installation verification
- Qualityassurance acceptance testing